Monday, August 24, 2009

Laughs for the Weekend

It's been a very long time since I have wrote and I am not even going to try to summarize what has happened in the past few months since the last post. That would take way to long. But as many of you already know, Austan and I finally tied the knot on June 14th and I recently moved to Twentynine Palms, CA to be with Austan until he deploys. When I finally decided that the best thing for us would be for me to move out here for us to spend time together before the deployment he was leaving in November. Now that I am actually here they are getting deployed sometime the last of September beginning of October. We aren't for sure when he will be leaving because they are sending them in 3 different sets, but his entire battalion will be in Afghanistan the first week of October. So what this means is we will be coming home for predeployment leave September 3-17. We can't wait to see everyone and enjoying time with our families and friends. At the same time, I know that the closer we get to coming home the closer we get to him actually leaving and even the thought of that I can not stand. Of course he says it will be spring before we even know it and that means him coming back, but we still have several major holidays that he will not be here for that have to come first.

Many people have asked what I will be doing after he leaves and what I am doing now since living in California and school is starting just around the corner. Right now I am enjoying my time being a wife and doing everything that I can for Austan. I am not working and am not planning on looking for a job. I will not be here long enough for all of that. I am however taking online classes through Western for this semester and will be returning home when he leaves.

OK, on a little lighter note.... I absolutely love living here. There is nothing like being able to drive to the beach every weekend if you want. The city that we live in isn't the fanciest, but what else can you expect when you live in the middle of the desert and during the summers the temperature gets up to 120.

This past weekend we did indeed hit up the beach and had a wonderful time. We have gotten really close to the owner/co-founder of the ultimate watersports brand, Body Glove. Bob and his wife Patty always welcomes us into their home and allows us to stay in their guest/party house for a weekend and treats us to meals and along with their children hooks us up with great deal at the dive shop. There is nothing like spending time with nice, down to earth people. Anyways, we along with one of Austan marine buddies, Les, enjoyed the weekend at Manhattan Beach and let me tell you there was some sites to be seen other than the beautiful beach and some amazing waves. The beautiful weather bought out some of the finest tanners! The first day we were there, there was a man in a high cut speedo that looked like it was from the 80s with all the bright colors. He had the back hair and all!! And if that was enough laughs for the weekend the second day was even better. When we found a place to lay our stuff I started looking around at the people around us and noticed a man to the left of us wearing yet again a speedo. Austan notice that not only was it a speedo, but a v-string one and not too long after that we finally realized that it was a v-string THONG!!! Even though it was a site to be seen the looks on people's faces as they walked by was priceless and kept us laughing the whole day!!


No comments: